Since 1997, the Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) has worked to develop a network of pro-choice, feminist student groups on college campuses nationwide that participate in the Choices Campus Campaign. Based on a philosophy of education to action, these nationally affiliated groups, known as Feminist Majority Leadership Alliances ( FMLA ), provide progressive students with opportunities to develop their leadership and organizational skills while building the feminist presence on their campus and connecting with the larger feminist movement.
Faculty and staff are integral to the growth and development of the Leadership Alliances. They support the students by attending FMLA events/meetings, mentor group members, help students find resources on campus, share their own experiences in activism, participate in panels and discussions groups, and even offer course credit for participation in independent studies and service-learning programs.
Expanding on the growing demand and need for feminist activism and ideas, FMF invites feminist professors and academic professionals to participate in the Choices Feminist Faculty Network. By joining this unprecedented network, you will receive :
- Access to a nationwide network of feminist faculty and professional staff committed to supporting campus activism for women's rights.
- Student and community support for the Women's Studies program, and other progressive disciplines.
- Opportunities to attend networking events sponsored by FMF, both nationally and on campus, for faculty and staff committed to promoting women's equality.
- A subscription to the Choices E-zine, the bimonthly electronic newsletter, featuring articles of interest to feminist faculty and staff on college campuses nationwide.
- Periodic mailings highlighting job and internship opportunities for students.
- Opportunities to participate in the Ms. Magazine Classroom project.
In times of increasing challenges to feminism and Women's Studies programs nationwide, sources of collective action, knowledge, and support are needed now more than ever!