||*If interested in applying, please visit our website at www.ppil.org and click on the "Jobs"
section on the left.
Phone Center Specialist I
The Phone Specialist I receives inbound patient calls and books appointments, demonstrating knowledge of PPIL services and fees, while providing professional and customer-oriented phone service to a diverse group of clients. This position works under the supervision of the Contact Center Manager Essential Functions:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in all duties related
- answering telephones and scheduling abortion appointments - triaging abortion-related medical calls.
- knowledge of fees, and ability to accurately quote fees for AB Services - providing client-centered customer service - providing financial counseling for AB patients who may need reduced fee or a payment plan through the AB Subsidy Funds - accurately collect insurance information for verification in the Billing Dept. and effectively relate necessary information to patients 2. Within six months? time, complete all required training for level I proficiencies and standards.
Demonstrate ability to achieve and maintain level I Contact Center standards :
- Average talk time of four minutes for AB calls - Total auxiliary time of less than 20 minutes per day - Error rate of 3% or less - Hold time totals of 15 minutes per day or less 3. Ensure, through a professional and open manner, that each patient receives the care and information she/he needs by providing efficient, effective and customer-oriented phone service.
4. Participate in center efforts
- comply with organizational quality assurance guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and HIPPA - achieve efficiency and productivity goals, as well as manage expenses 5. Provide information, assistance and support for clients facing emotional, family, and/or financial problems related to unintended pregnancy; provide assistance to clients needing referral for services related to pre-natal care, adoption services, abortion services, financial assistance, and personal family counseling.
6. Assist in the maintenance of PPIL Contact Center equipment and efforts to maintain an efficient, clean and comfortable Contact Center facility.
7. Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, abortion and other services offered by PPIL, and PPIL protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the Contact Center Manager regarding training and continuing education needs.
8. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, health, compassion and access; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
9. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, type, or feel and reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Contact Center Manager
Status: Part time. Non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the wage and salary regulations.
Completion of an accredited high school program or equivalent required. Additional training and/or education in call center, reproductive health or medical services are desirable.
Previous professional experience with answering phones and booking appointments is preferred.
Personal & Professional Qualities:
Commitment to the efficient and customer-oriented provision of services, as well as a commitment to the operating goals of Planned Parenthood of Illinois.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate with patients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a professional, warm, and sensitive manner. Bi-lingual ability in Spanish or other languages common to the Aurora area is helpful.
High energy level, organizational skills and attention to detail required. Willingness to participate in a team approach to health care.
Must be willing and able to work a schedule that may include evening and weekend hours.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.