||At the National Partnership for Women & Families, we believe that actions speak louder than words. For more than four decades, we have fought for every major policy advance that has helped women and families.
Today, we promote fairness in the workplace, reproductive health and rights, access to quality affordable health care, and policies that help women and men meet the dual demands of work and family.
Founded in 1971 as the Women's Legal Defense Fund, the National Partnership for Women & Families is a nonprofit, nonpartisan 501(c)3 organization located in Washington, DC.
The Communications Assistant provides administrative coordination and support to the National Partnership's Communications Department. This is a growth position that includes exposure to mainstream and new media, tracking coverage, handling media queries, posting information to the website, and some content generation.
The Communications Assistant works with the entire communications team, serves as a liaison to all the organization's program teams, and reports to the Director of Communications.
- Tracking media coverage of national and state issues.
- Tracking media coverage of the National Partnership and Campaign for Better Care.
- Maintaining and updating media lists.
- Drafting, editing and proof-reading materials for media, activists and the public.
- Tracking, managing and routing media queries and public information requests.
- Assisting in the production and distribution of National Partnership publications such as newsletters and reports.
- Maintaining departmental calendar for upcoming activities, holidays, etc.
- Occasional writing of press materials.
- Regularly updating the website, campaign sites and blogs by proofing, editing and posting content.
- Helping to write, edit and distribute action alerts, blog posts, Women's Health Policy Report, and other online communications.
- Managing the National Partnership's various Twitter accounts; and helping to update the National Partnership's Facebook pages and presences on other social networking sites.
- Assisting with research, review and testing of emerging technology and tools.
- Assisting with hiring, training and supervising departmental interns.
- Assembling data and formatting reports.
- Processing mail and email communications (including the info@ inbox).
- Responding to routine departmental inquiries and requests for information; and
- Related projects and tasks as needed.
Candidates must be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines in fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and have relevant communications work experience which can have been gained over summers, during internships or in part- or full-time work. Bachelor's degree required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Powerpoint, and online research required. Database and additional computer skills preferred, specific experience with Salesforce and Convio platforms and familiarity with social media channels and women's and other progressive issues a plus. Salary commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits.
Submit letter of interest, resume, writing sample and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Communications Assistant #2200. Position open until a qualified candidate is chosen.
The National Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.