||The Women's Campaign Fund is dedicated to advancing the political participation and leadership of women who support reproductive health choices for all. WCF, founded in 1974, is a non-partisan national network dedicated to achieving parity for women in public office. As political venture capitalists, we work to advance women leaders at all levels of political participation and empower individuals to stand up for issues of critical importance to the health of the nation, including reproductive health. Through our affiliated Political Action Committee, WCF provides direct financial support to its endorsed candidates. And through our sister organization, She Should Run, we produce original research relevant to women in politics.
WCF Fellowship Program OVERVIEW:
WCF is seeking applications for the 2013 Fellowship Program. The fellowship program is designed to provide young women and men with practical, firsthand experience within a national political organization with an emphasis on professional development. WCF Fellows have gone on to work on the Hill, on political campaigns, and for organizations such as The Center for American Progress, DCCC, The Raben Group, and SEIU. Each Fellow will specialize in one of four categories: Political, Communications, Development, or Programs. Although each Fellow focuses in one area, WCF offers a cross-disciplinary approach to training that allows the opportunity for Fellows to gain experience in all departments. This is not your typical ?internship.? Our Fellows produce high caliber work and are integral members of the team.
WCF Fellows will also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Non-profit & PAC infrastructure and political database maintenance
- Online Communications including blog writing, basic HTML, and website content management
- Fundraising including call-time management, event planning, grant writing, and donor development
- Professional Development including formal performance reviews, public speaking, resume review and salary negotiation
To Apply: Please complete the online form and submit a resume, a list of references, and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please describe your interest in WCF and women's issues and describe a project that you would like to focus on during your fellowship. http://www.wcfonline.org/fellowship
Deadlines and Duration: Part or full-time slots are available and negotiable. Preference is given to full- time applicants. While we would prefer a commitment for the specified time period listed, the individual start and ends dates can be negotiated at the time of the offer.
- Spring 2013 Fellowship Program: January 14th to April 19th, Deadline December 3rd 2012
- Summer 2013 Fellowship Program: June 3rd to August 9th, Deadline , April 1st 2013
- Fall 2013 Fellowship Program: September 9rd to December 13th, Deadline, August 2nd 2013
Interview Process: All interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as we receive applications. Early applications are highly encouraged.
- Step 1: Resume, Online Questionnaire, and Essay Review
- Step 2: Brief Phone or In-Person Interview
- Step 3: Reference Check
- Step 4: Offer Extended
Qualifications: Applicants should have excellent research, writing, and communications skills as well as the ability to work independently and in a small group setting. Applicants must have excellent computer skills. A strong interest in progressive women?s issues and increased representation of women in political office is critical.
Location and Compensation: Fellows will work at the WCF office in Washington D.C.
Full-time Fellows: $500 per month
Part-time Fellows: $250 per month
Categories of Specialty Roles: Four categories of fellowship roles are available. Qualified candidates may designate an interest in more than one category if interested. A total of 6-10 fellows will join our Fellowship program each term.
- Communications Fellows will work with the Communications Team to enhance the national profile, online and off. The fellow will assist in managing social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter), website, blog, video projects, email campaigns, and data maintenance. The fellow will also assist with traditional media outreach, including research on demographics, beats, reporters, and building and cleaning press lists. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how nonprofits use new media and technology to complement traditional communications work. To qualify, candidates should have knowledge of new media and web 2.0, excellent writing skills, and the ability to multitask and learn quickly.
- Development Fellows will work with the Development Manager and Events Manager to cultivate donors to expand the membership and donor base. The fellow will be working closely with the development team on call time, event planning, fundraising research, and member outreach. To qualify, candidates must be politically savvy, work well in a small team environment, have the ability to multitask and learn quickly, have a high level of professionalism and attention to detail and have an interest in fundraising and events.
- Political Fellows will work with the Political Director to build on WCF PAC?s current and past endorsements. The fellow with assist with tracking candidate progress, researching potential candidates, and building profiles of newly endorsed candidates. The fellow will also assist with researching state requirements for PAC registrations and contributions. To qualify, candidates should have a high level interest in politics, strong research skills, and exceptional writing skills.
- Programs Fellows will work with the Programs Director to support She Should Run's programs and research, including She Should Run In Action, Name It. Change It. and Vote with Your Purse. The fellow will spearhead outreach to partner organizations to increase national awareness about She Should Run programs. The fellow will also assist with the creation of curriculum materials, including monthly newsletters and website content. To qualify, candidates should have a high level interest in political leadership, strong research skills, and exceptional writing skills.