||The Dean Leadership Training Program is a skill-based internship opportunity to gain hands-on youth work and facilitation experience. Deans should demonstrate clear leadership experience as well as an interest in women's and girls' leadership. Eligible dean applicants must be young women who are either:
- recent college graduates
- current Juniors/Seniors at 4-year colleges
- graduates of 2-year colleges
- 3-4 years out of high school
This position is an excellent and exciting opportunity for women interested in social justice, youth development, education, feminism, non-profit work, and leadership, among other areas. The position offers a unique and exciting learning experience, which is fun, dynamic, and challenging. We are seeking applicants for 3 separate positions (Summer Institute Newark, Summer Institute New York, and Ready S.E.T Go!) please read each description closely.
*Limited Dean housing will be considered for out of state applicants based on expressed need*
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate leadership and achievement in academic, professional, extracurricular or volunteer settings
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups in terms of ideologies, race, religion, class, sexual orientation, nationality, and ability
- Creative, good humored, independent, flexible and mature.
- Interested in both the social activism as well as female youth development aspects of the program - Preferably have experience working with youth, especially young women (ages 14-22)
- Comfortable with and excited about our mission and goals and are able to put them into practice.
Application Instructions :
We ask that you submit a resume and cover letter, clearly stating your interest and qualifications.
Please also include the names and contact information for one academic and one professional reference (do NOT send actual reference letters).
Please do not send additional materials. All information should be sent as soon as possible but no later than MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18th 2013 (5:00pm EST via email).
Email these materials in PDF or Microsoft Word format firstname.lastname@example.org