||The National Network of Abortion Funds (theNetwork) is a national organization dedicated to increasing access to abortion for low-income women and girls across the U.S. Founded in 1993 by 24 grassroots abortion funds, the Network now includes 100 funds in 42 states. The Network works to build the capacity of our member funds to provide direct assistance to women seeking abortions and also conducts national and state- based advocacy to ensure that those most in need – low-income women, women of color, and young women – have access to abortion and full reproductive health care.
The Network is a social justice organization and is committed to diversity in both its programmatic work and staffing with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation.
The Member Support Program Associate is responsible for assistance in the provision of support services to member abortion funds and implementation of programming designed to build the capacity of member funds. This is a full-time position based in the Boston office.
Member Fund Support Services: Work with the Member Support Manager to provide support to our member abortion funds, including coordinating the annual member profile survey and directory, managing training and fund use of client-tracking database, and maintaining internal databases and members- only web site. Help to coordinate annual Organizing Summit for member funds and allies on abortion access and reproductive justice and annual Bowl-a-Thon fundraiser for the Network and member funds.
- Assist in the creation and manage database of member funds and individual activists, ensure up-to-date records.
- Manage and promote use of members-only website to facilitate peer-to-peer learning and resource sharing.
- Work on client-tracking database development with Deputy Director and Member Support Manager, coordinate roll-out to members including data transfer and training
- Organize and distribute written resources, webinars, and other training materials. Edit and distribute toolkits, fact sheets, guides as needs arise.
- Conduct annual membership renewal and produce membership directory.
- Help to plan the Organizing Summit. Manage event logistics including contract with host hotel and attendee registration. Also includes event, program and evaluation planning.
- Assist Member Support Manager with the annual Bowl-a-Thon. Track fund progress, troubleshoot online donation issues, and manage post-event reconciliation and payment.
- Coordinate logistics support for all Member Support activities, including webinars, trainings, in-person meetings and conference calls.
- Assist with providing technical and organizational development support to member funds.
- Manage and organize mail, listservs, and filing for member support.
- Participate in and provide logistical support to the Building the Movement program planning process.
-Commitment to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all women; commitment to women's rights, social, economic, and racial justice.
-Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
-Comfortable working in a nimble, dynamic work environment.
-Interest in working with small, low-infrastructure organizations and volunteers.
-Affinity and appreciation for grassroots organizations.
-Excellent computer skills; familiarity with database and spreadsheet programs, social networking sites, internet savvy.
-Highly organized and detail oriented. Interested and experienced in creating systems.
-Ability to work with diverse staff, board, and member funds with sense of humor and flexibility.
-Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
-Language skills other than English are a plus.
-Preference for applicants able to give a minimum of two-year commitment.
-Availability to travel more than twice a year, as needed.
Women of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary depends on experience. Excellent benefits and vacation package.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to Lindsey O-Pries, Member Support Manager at: email@example.com.
Please use this subject line: Member Support Program Associate Search
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Position starting date: March 1.