The New Organizing Institute (NOI) is seeking a full-time Data Training Manager to develop beginner, intermediate, and advanced-level curriculum, recruit and prepare trainers, implement creative outreach and participant recruitment strategies, and work directly with partner organizations to shape the training program.
The ideal candidate for this position has managed data for electoral or issue campaigns and successfully trained organizers, directors, and stand-alone data managers to use data and technology.
NOI is a progressive organization that builds capacity and sophistication in the progressive movement in the areas of technology and new media, especially as they relate to organizing. NOI offers numerous trainings for progressive practitioners, engages in data research, and coordinates with a wide range of progressive partners to leverage common interests in the improvement of technology options in the field.
- Successfully train beginner, intermediate, and advanced-
level practitioners to use data and technology to change the world
- Manage all training logistics, from the initial application and
recruitment efforts to the final participant send-off and post- training coaching and support
- Work with existing contacts, partner organizations, and
industry experts to develop new training curriculum, participant guides, and workshop materials
- "Train the Trainers"? by helping expert trainers to clearly
articulate and convey complex curriculum to participants
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Up to 25% travel required
- Commitment to progressive technology, training, and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fast and eager learner, willing to take risks
- Significant experience working with electoral or issue-
- Demonstrated technical abilities (VAN, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with voter file data and tools, Access, GIS,
MySQL, and Scripting (some skills can be learned on the job)
- Steadfast leadership and a high level of patience are
To Apply: This is a full time, salaried position. Health, dental, vision, and the life insurance covered; eligible for 401K after 3 months. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications ASAP.