Feminist Job Description
||Senior Health Care Quality Improvement Staff
||National Partnership for Women and Families
||DC Metro Region
||The National Partnership for Women & Families is seeking a senior-level professional to advance patient and family centered care practices in ambulatory and in-patient facilities around the country. The successful candidate will assist health care facilities in implementing a "collaborative patient and family engagement" model of care in which patients and families work collaboratively with clinicians and staff to redesign health care delivery. When implemented effectively "collaborative patient and family engagement" results in: improved quality of care; improved patient and family experience of care; lower costs; and, higher job satisfaction among clinicians and staff. This individual will also provide training and consultation to patients and families and develop and maintain affinity groups comprised of patients and families to ensure their effective engagement with clinicians and staff.
The National Partnership is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses public education and advocacy to promote access to quality health care, fairness in the workplace, and policies that help women and men manage the dual demands of work and family. Engaging patients and families in the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and new care delivery models is essential to ensuring that the promise of health care reform, and these new approaches to care delivery, truly meet the needs of patients and families and result in quality, affordable health care.
- Build and foster relationships with health care facilities committed to working collaboratively with patients and families to redesign care delivery and quality.
- Conduct facility assessments to identify alignment with, and gaps in, patient and family centered care.
- Provide staff, clinicians, families, patients, and community partners with an in-depth understanding of patient and family-centered care.
- Assist facilities in developing, implementing, and evaluating principles and practices, programs, and policies that support the integration of patient and family centered care principles throughout the organization or care setting.
- Assist facilities in identifying and recruiting patient and family advisors to work collaboratively with staff and clinicians to improve care quality and lower costs.
- Create strategic action plans outlining specific ways facilities may engage patient advisors in meaningful ways.
- Develop and support affinity groups for patients and families to facilitate peer support and sharing of best practices.
- Develop tools and resources for clinicians, staff, patients and families to support their "collaborative patient and family engagement" efforts.
- Experience working with front line leaders, clinicians and staff in a health system.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with clinical quality improvement processes.
- Experience building and facilitating relationships with multi-stakeholders.
- Master?s or advanced degree.
- Ability to travel monthly.
Ideal candidates will also possess the following:
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders in governing bodies and multi-stakeholder groups.
- Superior communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Experience forming and sustaining affinity groups, learning collaboratives, and/or coalitions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of consumer interests in health care.
Salary is commensurate with experience; a generous benefits package is offered. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is chosen. Submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, at least two writing samples and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Health Quality Improvement Staff #2200.
The National Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
||Feb 28 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center