Feminist Job Description
||Director Marketing and Public Relations
||Whole Woman's Health
||Whole Woman's Health is a privately-owned organization, committed to providing holistic care to women. We operate a group of women's clinics providing comprehensive gynecology services, including abortion care. It is our philosophy that each woman must be at the center of her own healthcare decisions, and that treating each woman holistically - honoring her head and her heart as well as her body - will better serve women and improve women's health.
The director of marketing, public relations will report to the CEO. The DMPR will be responsible for developing the marketing and public relations strategy and programs aimed at improving and promoting the brand identity and public perception, cultivating and maintaining positive media coverage for Whole Woman's Health. As part of the Executive team, the director will work with executive staff, and clinic managers to define and execute our overall public relations and analyst relations strategy. The DMPR will be a key information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights, and will manage the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of gaining recognition in the market, promoting our services, and establishing our thought leadership throughout target industries
The DMPR consults with the Executive team, legal, and human resources in order to project the corporate message to both external and internal mediums. This person will also interface with public agencies and act as the corporate spokesperson to the media, analysts and the general public at large. The person must be able to execute and use their best strategy solutions in this capacity.
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data and insights
- Work closely with the executives and clinic managers to develop creative and integrated programs to support service introduction, services offering, new technology and thought leadership
- Establish processes to generate steady volume of press releases and promote within the appropriate channels
- Help to promote key media and analyst coverage internally and leverage coverage to support marketing and recruitment campaigns
- Educate community and industry analysts on Whole Woman's Health's value proposition
- Arrange, facilitate and manage media and analyst briefings with key company spokespeople
- Establish us as a key technology player in both vertical and horizontal markets through media and analyst exposure
- Establish operational objectives and work plans
- Develop, modify and execute company policies that affect immediate operations(s) and may also have company-wide effects
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Regularly interact with clinic management and executives on matters concerning functional areas, clinics, and/or customers/patients
- Develop and implement marketing, public relations, promotional and advertising plans including development of a unique brand for Whole Woman's Health.
- Oversee website including online magazine, social media, community events calendar, e-newsletter and other online messaging.
- Write, edit, and publish collateral material including brochures, newsletters, monthly and annual reports.
- Oversee web-based community events calendar and develop events information clearinghouse.
- 3-5years in marketing, PR, media relations, communications or equivalent experience - preferably in a women's health care, abortion care or family planning environment and including both public relations and industry analyst relations
- Significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc.
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events
- Experience "translating" services/technology for varying audiences
- Minimum of three year recent experience as a Public Relations professional
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bilingual background a plus.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement marketing strategies and plans across multiple marketing platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft programs, multimedia programs, and social media. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Passion for women's health issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse group of people. Flexible, patient, hard worker, organized, and ability to effectively multi-task.
- A good sense of humor a must.
Please send cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org
||B. Tolbert, Director Human Resources
||Jan 15 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center