Feminist Job Description
||Sr Field Technical Instructor 12371
||Pepco Holdings, Inc
||Field Technical Instructor / Sr. Field Technical Instructor - NERC (12371) Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Field Technical Instructor/Sr. Field Technical Instructor to join the staff at our Mays Landing, NJ location. PHI is posting a position that will be filled at the Field Technical Instructor or Sr. Field Technical Instructor level. Those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the Field Technical Instructor or the Sr. Field Technical Instructor positions will be interviewed. The most qualified candidate, from either level, Field Technical Instructor or Sr. Field Technical Instructor based on the Structured Interview, will be hired.
To support and satisfy PHI PD's business objectives to include providing guidance, facilitation, coordination and instruction for field training responsibilities which encompass initiatives of ensuring efficient, effective, and quality training programs in areas of compliance (e.g., OSHA, DOT, EPA), apprenticeship & progression, technical skills, safety, etc. In accordance with safety policies, accepted work practices, construction standards, regulatory requirements, and applicable labor agreements, designs-develops-delivers professional development of employees to meet workforce requirements. Provides technical guidance and expertise with both training activities and special project team member assignments (e.g., Safety Health & Operating Committee, Standards Committee). Performs tasks relating to support of employee development, including coaching, safety, productivity and performance, student accountability, and to ensure a quality work environment that promotes diversity and teamwork. Knows and administers appropriate labor agreements. Responsible for advocating safe work practices and a safe work environment where a safety standard of excellence is maintained.
Field Technical Instructor
- Experience demonstrating skill performing and/or overseeing troubleshooting, switching, blocking and tagging, construction, overhead, underground, buried distribution work and/or meter-related work on the electric delivery system, conductors and equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including all weather conditions, in confined or enclosed spaces, on and around energized equipment and in dirty environments.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Ability and willingness to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and Company regulations.
- Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, lifting up to 50 lbs, climbing ladders and scaffolding, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling pulling/pushing, standing, and walking).
- Ability and willingness to travel to various work sites and company locations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass Criminal History Records Check.
- Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
- This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
- Experience demonstrating skill designing, developing, and/or delivering training modules for technical/craft positions, safety and compliance programs to include assessing training needs based on identified risks and determining the most appropriate methods of course delivery for competency-based training programs.
- Experience demonstrating skill researching and interpreting regulatory requirements and technical, safety and compliance standards to include OSHA, DOT, FERC, NERC, and/or EPA regulations.
- Experience demonstrating skill working with labor agreements.
- Experience demonstrating skill evaluating and documenting employees' performance.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database or e-mail software.
- Familiarity with various company computer systems (for example, RM, OMS, WMIS, GIS).
- Possesses a CDL.
||Jan 31 2013 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center