||Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering calls in a professional manner, screening and directing calls to the appropriate staff members, and taking messages or leaving an electronic mail message. Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible for the administration of the telephone system. Handles all program changes, staff training, maintenance, and trouble shooting.
- Responsible for opening, sorting, date stamping, and distributing all incoming mail. Oversees all outgoing mail functions. Weighs and meters all outgoing mail.
Schedules messenger/UPS/FedEx pick-ups and deliveries.
- Returns calls, sets up and confirms appointments for various staff, as requested.
- Maintains and updates the in-house staff extension and contact lists.
Administrative Support Responsibilities:
- Key operator for copier, fax machines, and postage meter. Schedules maintenance and troubleshooting calls. Produces month end reports for postage meter.
- Assistance and support with basic accounting and financial functions, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the building security and suite entry keys for the staff. Assigns, activates, deactivates, cancels security cards as needed and maintains an inventory and assignment list.
- Liaison between building engineer?s office and FMF for suite maintenance and repairs.
- Responsible for the organization and maintenance, inventory, and ordering of office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintains FMF conference room and staff leave calendar.
- Responsible for physical condition and appearance of distribution workroom, reception area, and FMF conference room.
- Provides support with mailings and other material distribution.
- Prepares checks for deposit.
- Reviews and responds to member services queries.
- Prepares, reviews, and maintains documents for data processing (incoming and outgoing).
- Provides support to medical director.
- Ms. Magazine support services:
- Reviews and responds to member services email correspondence.
- Distributes individual and bulk magazines to subscribers and as requested.
- Compiles weekly member services report.
- Receives records and responds to library claims.
Other Duties as Assigned.
Projected Start Date: January 2, 2013
Application Closing Date: Open until position filled
Qualification and Application:
Successful candidates should have knowledge of feminist and pro-choice issues. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel needed. Previous reception, accounting, and/or administrative experience are a plus. The Feminist Majority Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, send a cover letter and resume by fax or email to:
Administrative Assistant Search
Feminist Majority Foundation
1600 Wilson Blvd., Suite 801
Arlington, VA 22209