Feminist Job Description
||Safety Services Supervisor (12382)
||Pepco Holdings, Inc
||Safety Services Supervisor (12382)
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Safety Services Supervisor to join the staff at our Mays Landing, NJ location. In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Performs leadership responsibilities to support the development, administration, implementation and maintenance of the PHI and Utility Operations safety management system and culture.
- Organizes, plans, and coordinates the activities of a team of safety professionals across several regions.
- Continuously seeks to integrate policies, procedures, work practices and tools/equipment within Utility Operations and across PHI, as applicable.
- Performs the full range of general supervisory and human resource activities associated with the management of a team of exempt professionals.
- Formulates, recommends and ensures the consistent implementation of improvements and changes in existing safety practices, policies, procedures, methods, and tools/equipment.
- Supports the resource areas by ensuring the execution of independent field safety inspections, intervention and feedback to support safety performance improvement.
- Develops, tracks, and analyzes metrics of safety performance and presents findings and recommendations.
- Ensures the timely and appropriate investigation of all incidents, accidents, and near misses. Reviews and approves investigation reports and ensures implementation of recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of new and modified regulations, codes and standards related to safety.
- Ensures the compliance of PHI safety policies, procedures, and work practices with applicable Federal, State and Local regulations and requirements.
- Ensures contractor safety programs are in compliance with PHI requirements.
- Interfaces with, consults and advises resource management on the full range of safety issues.
- Consults with training in the development, modification, and maintenance of safety-related training.
- Represents and/or ensures appropriate representation from his/.her team on regional, line of business, and corporate safety committees and industry work groups.
- Initiates, edits and approves various forms of safety communication for internal (employee, management) and external (public, customer contractor) use.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget, monitors and approves expenses consistent with achieving targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Engineering or a related field OR an equivalent combination of formal education, training and/or experience.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing and/or supervising work associated with the operation, maintenance and construction of electric utility T&D systems.
- Experience demonstrating skill monitoring and ensuring compliance with safety policies, procedures and work practices and applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, codes, standards and/or requirements.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA regulations governing utility operations, transmission and distribution.
- Experience demonstrating skill developing and implementing improvements and changes in safety practices, policies, procedures methods and/or tools/equipment.
- Experience demonstrating skill tracking and analyzing metrics of performance.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing field/site inspections and accident/incident investigations.
- Experience demonstrating skill leading others to include planning and coordinating activities of a team/work group.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software to perform work functions.
- Experience demonstrating skill developing, coordinating, and/or implementing safety programs.
- Experience integrating operations, policies, procedures, and work practices across work groups.
- Experience presenting, consulting and advising management on safety issues, metrics, performance findings and recommendations.
- Experience leading group decision-making and consensus building.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and be available for call-in on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis.
- Ability and willingness to wear and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, hard hat, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at various company sites with overnight stays as required.
- Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees.
- Must successfully pass First Line Supervisory Assessment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass Criminal Records check.
- Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
- Experience demonstrating skill participating in local and corporate safety committees.
- Experience demonstrating skill conducting performance appraisals and providing feedback and coaching.
- Experience participating in budget preparation and/or monitoring and approving expenses.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Please apply online at http://www.phicareers.com
||Dec 31 2012 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center