Feminist Job Description
||Director of Institutional Giving
||Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health
||ABOUT PRCH: Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health is a physician-led, national, not-for-profit organization that exists to ensure that all people have the knowledge, access to quality services, and freedom to make their own reproductive health decisions. We implement effective programs for our physician members in public policy, community organizing, communications, and medical education at the systems, organizational, and individual levels. Headquartered in New York, PRCH is the voice of pro-choice physicians.
DESCRIPTION: This is a part-time 25 hour a week position with full benefits. The Director of Institutional Giving is responsible for coordinating PRCH?s efforts to acquire financial support from external granting agencies, private and public, by researching grant opportunities, coordinating grants planning activities, preparing proposals, writing reports to funders, as well as tracking all grants and required reports, keeping clear records and reconciling with the Finance Department. The grants manager will submit thorough and well-written requests and reports with all required back-up material, and meet all deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This person will report to the President/CEO and will:
- Lead development of annual foundation and grant strategies by
- identifying, researching and pursuing new funding sources
- creating ways to upgrade gifts from current funders
- developing stewardship strategies to enhance support
- preparing all stewardship communications
- suggesting cultivation opportunities and organizing cultivation materials and events
- arranging telephone conferences and appointments with funders
- Write and edit proposals and reports to meet deadlines
- Implement grants management process by
- creating and managing proposal and report schedule
- tracking proposal and report deadlines and preparing required materials in a timely manner
- working closely with program staff to obtain current program information (project descriptions, project benchmarks evaluations, budgets)
- coordinating the timing of grant reviews with other PRCH departments and divisions
- packaging complete proposal packages for internal review
- submitting approved proposal/report packages as required to all grantors
- Maintain and keep up to date hard copy files and electronic (Raiser?s Edge) files for all foundation and government funders
- Work with finance staff to develop and track grant income by
- developing and revising projections
- tracking income as required
- securing pledged foundation/grant funds through timely follow-up
- reconciling grant revenue
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Ideal applicant will have a Bachelor?s degree and at least 7 years? experience in writing foundation grants and/or government contracts. Will also have a demonstrated track record in securing and managing grants, ability to produce materials on tight deadlines and meet multiple deadlines with ease. This person must have superior organizational and time management skills and attention to detail, proficiency with foundation research strategies along with demonstrated excellence in writing and editing. Must be computer (Microsoft Office, Excel), internet, and search engine savvy, have a strong familiarity and ease with Raiser?s Edge database system and ability to work independently and collaboratively under pressure. Knowledge of current reproductive health topics and experience working with the reproductive health funding community along with analytic and strategic planning abilities is strongly preferred.
APPLICATION: To apply for a position at PRCH, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, "Director Institutional Giving" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Accepting applications until filled.
PRCH is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
To learn more about PRCH, visit us on the web at www.prch.org .
||Nov 27 2012 12:00AM
Back to Feminist Job Listing
Page to a Friend
Subscribe to the Feminist Career Center