Feminist Majority Foundation Mission & Principles
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) was created to
develop bold, new strategies and programs to advance women's
equality, non-violence, economic development, and, most
importantly, empowerment of women and girls in all sectors
of society. All programs of the FMF endeavor to include
a global perspective and activities to promote leadership
development, especially among young women. Along with reproductive
rights and access to reproductive technology, the FMF's
programs have focused on the empowerment of women in law,
business, medicine, academia, sports, and the Internet.
Its sister organization, the Feminist Majority (formerly
Fund for the Feminist Majority), has focused on empowering
women in public policy-making as well as gender balance
in elective and appointive offices.
Feminist Majority Foundation
- The FMF promotes equality between women and men and
girls and boys, and supports constitutional and statutory
measures to gain full equality locally, statewide, nationally,
- The FMF supports safe, legal and accessible abortion,
contraception, and family planning, including Medicaid
funding and access for minors.
- The FMF is dedicated to achieving civil right for all
people, including affirmative action programs for women
and people of color.
- The FMF supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
- The FMF does not permit discrimination on the basis
of sex, race, sexual orientation, socio-economic status,
religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, national origin,
size, or disability.
- The FMF promotes non-violence and works to eliminate
violence against women.
- The FMF encourages programs directed at the preservation
of the environment, clean air and water, the elimination
of smog, toxic and hazardous waste, chemical and nuclear
- The FMF supports workers' collective bargaining, pay
equity, and the end of sweatshops.
Feminist Majority Foundation Non-Violence Code
- We will not engage in any physical or verbal assault
or engage in any conduct, which will escalate the potential
for violence on site. We will maintain a calm and deliberate
manner at all times.
- We will do whatever we can to defuse a potentially
violent situation, and will request the assistance of
other Leadership Alliance participants and leadership
if we feel it necessary.
- We will carry no weapons, and we will inform leadership
if we see anyone carrying a weapon.
- We will not bring or use alcohol or drugs other than
for medical purposes during Feminist Majority Leadership
Alliance events, activities, or meetings.
- In a spirit of non-violence toward our environment,
we will leave all meeting places, event sites, and surrounding